Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Nollywood: Grace Amah On Being a Mother & an Actress





For over a decade, delectable and multi-talented actress, Grace Amah has been as constant as a “Northern Star” in Nollywood. Since her first appearance on the screen in 1999, she has been dazzling fans, remaining very much in demand. After a brief break due to childbirth, she is back to thrill her numerous fans. In this interview, the Ebonyi-born thespian opens up on many issues affecting her, especially life as a single mother and her planned comeback into Nollywood.

Grace Amah about herself: My name is Grace Amah. I am Igbo. I hail from Ebonyi State. I’m from a family of four. I’m a Nollywood actress.
Your foray into the movie industry, how did it begin?
I did my first movie in August 1999. The movie was entitled 'Chain', produced by Louis Isikafor and directed by Lancelot Oodua Imasuen.
How did you feel the first time you appeared before the camera?
I must confess, it was fun and exciting. It was a dream come true for me. I was like, “God, I’m finally doing what I’ve wanted to do.”
Over the years, you have many films to your credit, which of them brought you to the limelight?
I would say the part I played in the popular soap-opera 'Superstory' with the title ‘One Bad Apple’ really pushed me to the top. But along the line, the home video 'Chain' made me prominent as well. But to be candid what actually shot me to limelight was Superstory. I guess because it was a series drama and also a network thing as well, where everybody at home watched and was very familiar with.
For some time now, you seem to be lying low in your acting career, what happened?
I don’t agree with that. I am not lying low. I’ve been on break after having my baby, but now I’m fully back into the industry now.
Is your child a boy or a girl?
He is a boy and doing great. He is a year plus now, almost two years, which is the normal time you give for a break after having a baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ST

Please Like Us On facebook