Friday, September 13, 2013

I met him when I was 16 and we got Married on board " - Actress, Omotola Jalade Ekeinde



Omotola Ekeinde recently had an interview with BBC journalist Matthew Bannister on BBC Outlook. 
Here is what was written on BBC’s website;
Excerpt:
Matthew Bannister: 
I’ve got to ask you this; how did you get this nickname Omosexy. Whose idea was that?
Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde: My husband’s (Laughs). That’s what he calls me. That’s my pet name.
MB: And didn’t he give you a car with the registration number?
OJE: Yes he did (Laughs). That’s so true.
Continue after the break.

MB: And you don’t mind it?
OJE: No I don’t. Initially I did. I thought it was bit cocky you know but then everybody caught up on it, and everybody actually prefers to call me Omosexy than Omotola, which is my real name. So I said okay, I’ll take it.

MB: Now, you got married when you were just eighteen (18) to an airline pilot. Who you met, I think a couple of years earlier when you were 16
OJE: I met him when I was 16.

MB: And didn’t you get married on board a plane?
OJE: Yes I did

MB: Tell me about that, what was the idea behind that? He wasn’t flying it at the time, was he?
OJE: No he wasn’t flying (They both laugh). But he did. He actually flew for like 10 minutes.

MB: It was a big airline, wasn’t it?
OJE: Yeah, it was a big airline

No comments:

Post a Comment

ST

Please Like Us On facebook