Saturday, October 26, 2013

“My Father Was A Drug Dealer” - Diddy Talks about his late Father




World famous star Sean (Diddy) Combs reflects on his childhood making intimate and heartbreaking confessions.
“My father was a drug dealer so I learned early in life that there's only two ways out of it,” he explained in the video segment “Confessions.”
The piece aligns with the launch of Diddy's latest venture, Revolt TV.
“I've never spoken openly about my dad … but launching @Revolttv moved me to share and let ppl kno the reality,” he tweeted Wednesday combined with the video.
Continue after the break.


Diddy used Twitter to publicly reveal the reality behind his father's passing.
“My father was killed when I was 3 yrs old,” he wrote. Although the celebrity was only a little kid then and there is no enough time left for relationship along with his dad, he expressed how he still influenced his life.
“They say you can't miss something there you have never had, but that's only a little ways right. There's definitely been times as I've gotten older that I've missed my dad - his presence - not being here,” he confessed.
“Devoid of anyone to ask manly advice,” he continued. “What you would ask your father. Also things that you would celebrate with him that would make him proud.”
While his father chose street life, Diddy took those lessons and followed an alternative path.
“Sometimes you can't just answer why things happen but I definitely think the route I proceeded - staying out the streets and hitting my books and trying to be somebody - I think he played a role because,” he added.

Beyonce's sister Solange Knowles retweeted Diddy's video and wrote: “Your story is a MAJOR source of inspiration for @SaintRecords and most of the young black kids trying to build and innovate. Bless!”

Before concluding his video confession Diddy, with tears in his eyes said:
“My father's name was Melvin Combs and I'm Melvin's son, Sean Combs.”
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

ST

Please Like Us On facebook