Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Question Of the Day: What Are The Shortcomings Of Marrying Some one From A Broken/Divorced Home?



Someone actually asked this question and it touched a lot of people . Because most people have divorced parents.

 - Dad and my mum got separated when I was just 4 years old.
Dad remarried when I was 9 and unfortunately his second marriage still ended.
But I am 29 now, three sons and will soon be celebrating my 5th happy wedding anniversary 15th November.

Then when I read this lady's question, I simply couldn't walk past it - Would You Date/Marry Someone With Divorced Parents?
Anyone else with divorced/separated parents in the house? Pleaseeee, reveal your experience.


The woman said:

      I'm unsure if it's recommended because

    1) People are a product of the environment. If a person is more comfortable with being raised in one parent home, he won't have a problem raising his children that type of environment either. 

    2) History repeats itself.

    3) A person who has divorced parents is more likely accept divorce as an option if they encounter hardships within their marriage.

    4) Who'll they go to for advice when facing marital issues? 

    What do you guys think? Can you feel comfortable marrying an individual whose parents are divorced?

Personally, here is what I do believe:

Having parents that are divorced/separated wasn't my fault. I didn't choose that for myself so just why should we suffer for it.
So long as the girl's character is good, pleaseeee marry her.

I plan to write a book or make a video on how I conquered this issue on my anniversary.

My marriage outlived my parents'marriage. That is clearly a big achievement for me and God knows my 50th wedding anniversary will be soooo huge!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ST

Please Like Us On facebook