Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Former Nigerian Footballer Emeka Ezeugo Convert To Islam, changes name to Mustafa Mohammed,




46 years old retired Nigerian football defender and midfielder, also a current coach Emeka Ezeugo has announced that he's embraced Islam after being inspired by the life of Prophet Mohammad.

Emeka visited a Muslim cleric last week alongside Mohammedan manager Amirul Islam, his former team-mate Kaiser Hamid, Zaker party leader Amir Faisal and club official Abu Hasan Prince to convert to Islam.

The former footballer, who represented Nigeria in the 1994 World Cup after playing for Mohammedan Sporting Club for pretty much ten years, said he feels honoured to be a follower of the truly amazing prophet who he thinks is the greatest among all messengers of God.

Speaking with reporters on Monday,
I'm always a curious person and studied different religions when I found the life of Prophet Mohammad (peace be upon him) very inspiring,'

Emeka, who now has brought a brand new name Mustafa Mohammed, claimed that his family has accepted his decision, though each of them are members of Roman Catholic Church.

‘I'm a developed man brother. I'm free to make my own personal decisions. None of my household members protested the decision.

Emeka, however, said that the large amount of friends he made in Bangladesh is like his family and they gave him good support in making the decision.‘
Bangladesh is my second home and I have some friends here who're like my brothers. They helped me in making your decision,' Emeka said.

Emeka said he couldn't express his feeling about learning to be a Muslim and felt just like a Bangladeshi and it became stronger after converting to Islam.
His life is has become more disciplined as he has to offer prayers more now and follow some other rituals of the religion.

I've just planted a seed and now I need certainly to nourish it into a tree. I know that I'll discover many good sides of the decision as time passes but at this moment I could say the religion has made my life more disciplined,' said Emeka.

He added that he will apply for a brand new passport together with his new name once he returns to his home in Nigeria.

3 comments:

  1. Make them no give you bomb join!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're a mutula. Ask an AMERICAN what Islam is and they reply it's their life. America, Britain. Russia,etal.. All of them have close ally with Islam, ode like you

      Delete
  2. Christains when will your eyes open?you started all the problem by going house to house knocking at peoples doors to preach and convert,muslims just reacted to your pressure.

    ReplyDelete

ST

Please Like Us On facebook