Friday, May 16, 2014

REVEALED: How Airtel Is Defrauding Nigerians.




It is no longer news how highly "data sucking" android devices are, but the news is the surprising level at which Airtel Nigeria subscribers groan about how data magically disappears in no time on their android devices.

It is amazing how the monthly #1500 subscription meant for 2.2gig data which lasts data users up to three weeks before, now barely serves for 7 days on Airtel network.
Yes, watching videos online, streaming music, using Facebook, Twitter and Instargram consume data but hey, is it not the same online activities subscribers engaged in when the data lasted 21 days and more that they are still engaged in?




A friend, according to @sebebe28, a twitter addict, he said tweeting was fun on his Airtel's subscribed-android device until some weeks back when Airtel gave him 1.532gig instead of the 2.2gig for the same price of N1500 without any prior notice. He further complained of how the 1.532gig doesn't take too long to get exhausted, making him subscribe almost every week!
Kofoworola, a close friend, in her words said "sometimes I am tempted to feel there is another me that uses the data on my Airtel's subscribed-android phone in my absence, because it only lasts me 9days compared to the 28days I get before now."


In as much as I will not like to compare Research In Motion's Blackberry Internet Service to Google's Android Internet Service; It is of utmost importance to note that most of these android user were once Blackberry users who like Oliver twist" wanted more" from what technology has to offer. Now I think it is logically ridiculous, totally absurd and wastefully extravagant for an average person who is used to a Blackberry subscription of N1500 now switching to a rather ridiculous N4500 data plan monthly!
So much said, I am of the opinion that all android users should jointly write a petition to Google, Nigeria Communications Commission (NCC), Airtel and other Nigeria network providers to look into having special low rates and convenient data plans for android devices.

Who is with me on this suggestion? And which Network Providers do you think is the best.

3 comments:

  1. Sorry about your experience but it seems you have been buying the wrong plan. I am also a customer of airtel and use an android device. Airtel had sensitised all BBM users changing to android to move to other plans custom made for the device. You can find the right plan by dialling *141*1#."

    #There is even a 30% bonus being offered on all monthly plans and #when you buy 2 plans, you get 1 free.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a problem like dat and they solved it. Don't worry it will be resolved.... airtel na baba

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with the first poster and I think Airtel is a good brand but they need to do more awareness on data services and packages.I think android users should be careful not leave apps running on their phone,this "chops"data .I am speaking from experience I had a while back when my data runs out quickly but as soon as I sorted the package issue out and stopped apps running in the background data loss stopped

    ReplyDelete

ST

Please Like Us On facebook