Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Help!! 35-year-old man needs ₦8m to fight kidney failure



Thirty five-year-old, Oladele Obikoya, is sick and needs the help of kind-hearted Nigerians.  Doctors say his two kidneys have failed and he requires a kidney transplant. That news could be the worst due to the fact he's about to wed his lover of numerous years this November. He narrates, “My hope of being a different youth is crashing. I have been living in South Africa for the past seven years, selling scrap items to factories where they are useful.

“One day, I returned from work and felt that something was wrong with my body. I felt very weak, which was something I had never felt before.

Continue..

“I decided to visit the hospital, but before I knew what was going wrong, I collapsed and friends had to rush me to the hospital. It was after some tests that doctors told me my two kidneys had failed.

“If it were one kidney that failed, I would have been okay, but they told me both had failed me. I am weak now, I am afraid I may not be able to fulfill my dreams again.”
Since the discovery that his kidneys has failed, Obikoya says he has spent his entire savings on dialysis and medication.

He adds, “Before, I used to spend the South African equivalent of N100,000 on dialysis alone every 72 hours, but I cannot sustain that again. I have spent all my savings which I planned to use for my wedding by November.”

Because he could only utter a few words to our correspondent due to the ailment, his younger brother, Sola, helped him out.
But doctors say, dialysis will not work for him for long. According to them, he will die if he does not do the ‘right’ thing – which is to undergo a kidney transplant in an Indian hospital. The operation, they say, will cost N8m. That includes, cost of transplant, travelling expenses and medication.
Right now, Obikoya can barely walk and speak and so he is calling on Nigerians to come to his aid to raise the money for the surgery.
Since Obikoya can no longer talk for long, his family representative can be reached via +234-816-627-6281 while donations can be made into his account: Obikoya Oladele Ayodeji, 3084477964, First Bank.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ST

Please Like Us On facebook