Monday, September 8, 2014

Dearest OOB Readers: Should I Continue with my Old Job or Should I take this New One?





I sincerely need advice from blog readers because right now I'm perplexed on what to do. Please don't ask me to pray because I've been doing that almost everyday. I believe God sometimes uses fellow humans to send out words of wisdom to confused minds hence my post.


 I'm a graduate and work with an organization that pays me salary of 40k in the north. Recently I got a Federal Government appointment in the FCT and am expected to make a decision to either take it up or stick with my old job. Easy decision most of you may think right? Hold on till you hear the koko of the matter lol...



 Now here is my dilemma; The FG appointment's  salary plus allowances is something close to 70k (I'm still shocked, imagine GL 8 o?). And I don't even live in Abuja. I'm aware of how hard life can be in a city like Abuja where accommodation is something else. But of course there is prospect of getting promoted someday, plus there is a staff bus to ease transportation problem.
 As for  my old job, it's just a private organization with job insecurity but at least the cost of living isn't as high as that of Abuja. I also enjoy the job experience I'm acquiring too.

 Please OOBERS, advice me on what to do. I've already done the necessary documentation for the Abuja job  incase I decide to take it up. I am still waiting for the posting but presently doing my old job. (Because I haven't resigned yet) Please I need readers to advice me on what to do. Thanks...

No comments:

Post a Comment

ST

Please Like Us On facebook