"It's still horrible to think I was sleeping right beside it," said Wang Kai, whose phone was now scorched and twisted after it spontaneously-combusted on his bamboo sleeping mat. 
Wang said his roommate Zhang Jie awoke first after hearing the explosion and smelling smoke. He entered the room to find Wang asleep as his pillow, mattress and sleeping mat smoldered from the explosion.
Wang explained his company had bought the phones in bulk and given them out to employees. The iPhone was confirmed to be a genuine Apple product. 
While local police say the fire was caused by faulty parts, Apple has been contacted and is now investigating for user error.
 Global Times
Naija Gist: http://naijagist-omoooduarere.blogspot.com/