Sunday, March 31, 2013

Tee A is a fantastic cook —Wife



Tunde Adewale, a.k.a Tee A, the comedian, has been married to Kehinde, his wife for eight years. Known for his humour, the stand-up comedian also anchors a television talk show, Time out with Tee A. In this interview, they talk about their union
How long have you been married?
By May 19, our marriage will be eight years old.
How and when did you meet?
Tee A: We met in school, the University of Lagos, Akoka. We started as friends for about five years. Then, we dated for another five years. So, we have had a 10-year relationship before we got married.
Kehinde: He was my elder sister’s friend and we met on campus. We all got along well. His proposal was very unconventional. I even thought he was joking.

How have you been able to cope with him as a comedian?
Kehinde: It has been fun. Though not a roller coaster ride since he is always very busy, we are great friends and understand each other very well. Aside being a comedian, he also has other sides that I do enjoy—he is a fantastic cook and gives me special treats from time to time.
Considering your schedules, how much time do you spend with your wife?
 Tee A:  That is a tough one. Let’s just say that anytime I am not busy, we try to spend it together. I operate a very hectic schedule between anchoring events and producing my TV show, so it can be very demanding. Hence, once I’m not booked for events or filming, I’m always at home.
Kehinde, how do you cope with female fans especially when you go out together?
Kehinde: He is actually a very friendly and nice person, even to his male friends. Whenever we go out together, I am accustomed to him stopping to greet the ‘whole world’ before we even get to our seats.
What makes him angry?
Kehinde: He rarely gets angry but I know he detests laziness.
How do you make him happy?
Kehinde: I am his personal comedian at home and I try to spoil him a little sometimes too. Above all, I just try to be the best friend, a wife and mother to him.
What do you do that makes your wife angry?
Tee A: That is very simple. I just take off my shirt, drop it on the sofa and leave my shoes somewhere else. I would just generally scatter the house, and then she gets angry.
How do you apologise?
 Tee A: I just smile and say, ‘sorry.’ I have this cute baby face which I put on whenever I am saying sorry. Then, she smiles and says, “Please, just put those things back to where you took them.”
How do you spend time alone? Tee A: We both love travelling for holidays but we are only able to do that once a year because of my work schedule. However, we just make the moment count wherever we are at any point in time. As long as we are together, we are cool.
Is your husband as humorous at home as he is outside?
Kehinde: He doesn’t joke so much at home, but when he wants to play, he behaves like a child. Most times, he would rather relax with me and we watch Arsenal matches together.
How has marriage added to your life?
Kehinde: It has been a very worthwhile journey. I must say that I am blessed to have met such a wonderful man who supports all my dreams and tries to make me a better person.
Tee A: Marriage has added a lot to my life. Before I got married, I could afford to be cheeky and say anything. Now, there is a form of responsibility I shoulder. As a married man, I have learnt a lot and I have grown. I show maturity in my entertainment, in my performances, and even in my personality. One thing that marriage has taught me is accommodation. You should be able to accommodate all manners of people in different circumstances. My wife is a very accommodating person; I think I learnt that from her. There is nothing anyone can do to me that would do so much damage to my being because I understand that we are all human beings and are bound to make mistakes. I don’t keep issues in my heart. My heart is free and clear. I am an easy-going fellow and there is nobody I can’t talk to. I will tell you my mind and that is the end of it. My heart is very big because I don’t harbour certain thoughts.
What is the secret of a successful marriage?
Kehinde: The secret is simply making God the beginning and the end of your relationship. Also, being each other’s best friend helps. How do you cope with pressure since you don’t have children yet?
Tee A: The Bible says, God makes all things beautiful in His time. It is human to want to think about it but when you remember the promises of God, you will keep working on it day and night. I am very comfortable and happy with the person I am married to. Kids will come at God’s own time. Initially, it was a choice not to have babies. Then, when we got married, my wife wanted to go for her masters programme abroad which involved her travelling back and forth. We decided that for that period, we should put childbirth on a hold. After that phase ended, we decided to start trying and we are still trying. Not having kids doesn’t bother me.
As celebrities, how has your marriage survived scandals?
All the glory must be to God. God has just been with us all the way and only He deserves the glory.
Punch Nigeria


No comments:

Post a Comment

ST

Please Like Us On facebook