Monday, June 24, 2013

Dearest Ọmọ Oódua Readers: I love my fiance but I hate his family



I'm engaged to a really nice man but I'm considering calling off the engagement because I hate his family. He's from among the prominent rich families in Lagos and they're of the worst breed. They're controlling, they do not mind their business, they tell their children what to do, they make their decisions for them and their matriarch is the opinion of the family.

Nobody dares question her decisions or argues with her. My fiance's sister said I have to stop my job after I marry to their family. My future mother-in-law has summoned my dad to her home on several occasions, asking him the absolute most belittling questions. She even had their family doctor examine me, and the doctor asked me exactly how many men I've been with in the past and if I've ever had an abortion. 


Continue


They question every thing you do, even the clothes you wear. I'm not yet married into this family and I'm already having panic attacks. I must say i love this person but I don't think I will deal with his family. They plan to totally clip my wings once I marry their son and I don't think that's the life I want. Should I walk away or can there be a method to handle this kind of family if I go ahead with the marriage? Please help me.


Naija Gist,Nigeria.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ST

Please Like Us On facebook