Sunday, August 11, 2013

Mother Of The Year: See Mum Breastfeeding 5-Year-Old Son , Her Daughter, Three, And Baby (Photo)



Top mum Samantha Williams ­is a firm believer that chest is best and she feeds three of her children that way – ­including a son who is FIVE, the Sunday People reveals today. Samantha, 42, normally tandem feeds, meaning two at a time. So her five-year-old boy Trevor or daughter Claire, three, will latch on at the same time as seven-month-old Ethan.

She is talking about her natural ­methods in the light of the revelation the Duchess of Cambridge is breastfeeding her new son Prince George.


Continue After The Break..

Samantha sees it as a step forward. She said: “It will do more to promote breastfeeding than anything that could be said by every doctor or parenting expert in the whole country.”

Sadly, IT worker Samantha has come up against ignorance.

Friends and family have criticised her, claiming the older kids should have stopped years ago. She has even been confronted by ­waitresses when feeding in ­restaurants.

She said: “I’ve heard it all. People have asked me to leave the table or go elsewhere to breastfeed many times. Or I’ve been asked to feed in toilets where women are using the next cubicle. A waitress would never ask me to go eat in the toilet, so why should my child?

“I don’t cover myself with a ­blanket. I just feed them. I’m not trying to make a point – I just believe it’s natural.


“People think we’re weird and we’re setting our kids up to be weird. They think the normal thing is for the mum to cut the kids off at around the age of one and be done with it. I’ve been told the kids will be too ­attached to me for their own good.

“And some people think I’m being selfish – that I can’t let go of my
babies. I ask them if they really think you can force a child to breastfeed if they don’t want to?

“You can’t really force a child to do anything after about 18 months, let alone latch on to a chest. It’s their choice and they love it.”

She said: “The older two will always feed at the same time as the baby. Sometimes they tell me the milk tastes like a chocolate or strawberry milkshake, other times it’s white milk with sugar.

“They eat a wide range of food like any other kids their age, so can identify what the milk tastes like. I’m not saying kids who aren’t breastfed this long can’t be the same – of course they can.

“I can say for certain I haven’t done them any harm and I really hope I have done them a lot of good.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

ST

Please Like Us On facebook