Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Stowaway boy Returns to Edo state




Daniel Oikhena, the 14 year old stowaway who flew an Arik flight from Benin to Lagos in the plane's Tyre compartment was Today September 3rd handed over to the Edo state Ministry of Women Affairs and Social Development in Benin by operatives of Eo state Command of the Department of State Security Services (DSS).

Journalists and family members, including his mother, Mrs Evelyn Oikhena were however denied access to the boy at the DSS office in Benin City. Also, efforts made by Mrs. Oikhena at the Ministry of Women Affairs to see her son were rebuffed by the Ministry officials.
Continue after the break.


At the premises of the Ministry, Mrs. Oikhena lamented, “I was not allowed to see my son at the SSS office when I was told he was there. I went there but they said they have taken him to the Ministry of Women Affairs. I was given a number to call but I have been calling the number but no response. I asked some body they told me he is not here but they told me he is here. So I am waiting to hear from them. I missed my son and I want to see him,”she said.


At the time of this report the Ministry was making arrangement for the boy to meet with Governor Adams Oshiomhole.

Meanwhile, the Executive Director of African Network for Environment and Economic Justice (ANEEJ), Rev.David Ugolor, has commended the DSS for releasing the boy and appealed to good spirited Nigerians to assist him in his education. (PM News)

Naija Gist,
Nigeria.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ST

Please Like Us On facebook