Thursday, October 10, 2013

Diary of an improbable romance. (Must Read)



I hope you guys enjoy this...
Diary of a hopeless romantic:
Where do I start from? I don't want to bore you so I'll  start outright with saying there's nothing that thrills me more than Love.
I have barely spent twenty something years on earth but I have known love, seen love, admired love, sought love, loved love, created love but yet to find love.
Continue after the break.

Not that I haven't been approached by guys but most of the Nigerian guys (I come across) are insensitive, they lack emotions and don't know how to get me excited, they really need to learn the culture of surprising a lady to the extent of making her shed tears of joy.
I am a romantic movie freak; a mills and boon/Nora Robert die hard reader, and I write a few love stories too. What I read and watch, shapes my thoughts/imaginations most times but that aside, I want to experience a kind of love that's out of this world.
Not the conventional love story of how boy meets girl, smiles at girl, asks girl out, date for a while, proposes to girl and then get married.
Nah, I want to experience adventure in my love story, he doesn't have to be RICH but he should be the best!

I want an unpredictable guy, a guy that is always full of surprises, that does crazy stunts like calling me up in the middle of night or any time in the day with his sexiest voice, just to tell me "hey bay-bie, just called to hear your voice and remind you of how special you are to me", send me sweet sms/mails like "i'm thinking of you atm" "you looked beautiful in that golden gown you have on..." "I just won the contract and you were the first person that came to my mind..." I want to put on my TV one noon and see you on a live programme talking about me and how much I mean to you, Be crazy and think crazy for me...
You can imagine me having a dull day at school and then I get a video message of you singing me a song, reciting me a poem or smiling at me, believe me I'm done for the day. I know you are not good with words, but use those simple words to make me feel special.

 He doesn't have to always be at my beck and call like Steve Harvey explained in his top selling book "Think like a man, act like a lady" but I need him to be my man!

My definition of "my man" is a guy that will understand my "nothing is wrong with me" to mean "I need you to listen and help me out here", a guy that will understand my" I don't have any plans for this weekend" to mean "I am available, spoil me all you want, lets' do the movies, visit a quiet park etc but most importantly do the just-you-and-me-look-into-my-eyes-talk-of-sweet-nothings" - I don't have to tell you everything before you understand, my eyes should tell it all to you! 


I am not asking for too much cos I understand that you have your priorities, but I should be a priority to you too - when you are with me, you shouldn't let me share that time with your numerous calls or work. You should laugh at my naughty jokes even if they aren't all that funny, you should listen to the songs I composed for you even if my voice ain't all that good, you should always tell me stuff, I shouldn't always be the one doing all the talking, I wanna know how your day went at the office or wherever, who did what to you? who pissed you off and made you laugh, I want you to always open up to me and not hide anything, you shouldn't be afraid to cry in front of me, that's why I am your soul mate...and the better part is you letting meet your mum!

You shouldn't be the most-wonderful guy on earth at the beginning of our relationship and then resent back to being the "cold you" later, I want that beginning YOU always!
You should take me on surprise trips tours, send me unexpected gifts, cakes, chocolates and give me a title, don't just address me as me, tell everyone I'm your babe, the apple of your eyes, your woman! Sighs.
I have a bestie who is married with two kids already, was her chief bridesmaid when she had her wedding  years ago and she has tried hooking me up with all the guys she can think of but it's not working out cos I know what I WANT.
This bes-tie of mine has finally given up on me saying I can not get such a PERFECT guy so ama have to stay single forever if I keep longing for such a guy...but is it my fault? Am I hoping for too much?
The problem is, I love too much and I expect to get that "much love in return" I shouldn't always have to be the one who loves more in the relationship...but I believe and I hope that maybe just maybe, my prince charming will show up soon.
So to those of you that have "found" your true love, keep loving and exploring love but you shouldn't love the conventional way, spice up that love life of yours after all love is supposed to be the best thing.
Signed
An anonymous hopeless romantic/love freak

Source

No comments:

Post a Comment

ST

Please Like Us On facebook