Monday, November 11, 2013

Unbelievable!! Upcoming Nollywood actors & actresses (OIN) in Nigeria now pay to feature in movies! - Sad.



 
This may appear Unbelievable, but it's fact! A-list of Nollywood actors & actresses pay a commission for featuring in shows and movies, but when you're an as yet not known actor struggling to get involved with the film market, some film producers make you pay to just to feature in their movies. That's the new development now.  Sure some Nollywood practitioners can come here to reject this but you all know it's true. And if you never know this currently, you people need to start investigating this.

Continue after the break.

If you're trying to show up or feature in a movie, all that's necessary to accomplish is spend a charge fee, no audition is required. For slight roles, these producers need any such thing from N50k to N100k...it all depends on the role they're providing you. If you intend to enjoy a whole role it's between N500k to N1million. Waka go people are even designed to pay.

The secret some of these producers use is this; they say they're not earning profits from these shows since persons aren't buying them therefore can not spend all their profit. Additionally they say locating financiers to fund the generation of a movie is difficult, therefore for these shows to see the cool light of day, every member must contribute. Issue is, the majority are wanting to pay. Several persons explained that it's the women they refer to as as'runz women'searching for quick popularity that began this trend. They'd present film producers money to show up in their film so they can call themselves as actresses and now it's become part of Nollywood mess.

But let state here that there are some film producers who don't do this...not all of them need money before you can feature in their movies. But plenty of them do it. Is that OK?

What's your story on this new development?


A source (name withheld) revealed to us, said...
"Well, I knew about this some two years ago, as I have been doing mini pageants...an actor cum producer I met during one of the beauty pageant camps approached me, telling me he thinks I have a talent in Acting, and he could help me get into the movie industry...I was interested and thought it was as easy as it sounded. Then he scheduled a meeting for me and him after the pageant show.
I was confused when he sent me the hotel address, I didn't understand why such discussion should be done in a hotel room but I decided to play mature even though I was really nervous."
On getting to the room, the young man went straight to the point and told me that I will have to sleep with him there and then, if I really wanted to get into the industry.

When I refused, he asked me to pay 200k and he will pass me at the audition and I said I could not afford it.He walked me out of the room saying I wasn't serious.....he insulted me all he wanted and even mentioned names of certain actresses whom he helped to get their first movie role in Nollywood, and he said I was too naive.....ever since then I have gotten other offers ranging from 300k to 500k at some point, my mom offered to pay the 300k for me to feature in a movie with top actors, but I told her not to bother. If I am meant to act, I want to merit the role and not through other means.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ST

Please Like Us On facebook