Friday, August 1, 2014

Would you grant your spouse access to your ATM card pin?




Married couples could fight over a lot of issues, some of which could be ‘trivial.’ Some of those issues could lead to the breakup of homes, especially when they lead to a situation whereby the partners could no longer trust themselves. We asked some people whether they would grant their spouses access to their Automated Teller Machine card pins


Continue..

I’ll do so to let her know I love and trust her
Ajala Adeolu
Trust and transparency are very important in a relationship. If I truly love her, I must not hide anything from her. Carrying her along in everything and building a formidable intimacy is part of my commitment to our relationship. Like I said, if I really trust her, I could even give her the card to keep for me till when I need to withdraw money. So there is no problem about me letting my wife know my card pin and other digital passwords. It is a sign of trust and love.
As long as he doesn’t take me for granted
Erinosho Esther
Since he is not a greedy and wicked-hearted person, I would grant him the access. I could even give him my other important documents if the trust is there. I understand one must be very careful with men these days, but I have known my partner all this time, he is a good man, my best friend, confidant, and mentor. He could even help me withdraw some money if I am busy. One’s spouse should be one’s next of kin, closest friend, and believer. There should be no hiding of anything from him. As far as he doesn’t take me for granted, he is the only person that should know everything about me.
She is a stakeholder in my life
Folorunsho Ifedayo
This is my wife we are talking about here; hence, I have no reason keeping anything from her. She is a stakeholder in my life, and as a stakeholder, she has the right to know everything about me. She is my partner, and according to my dictionary, a partner is a word coined from “part owner.” Granting her access to my card pin is to prove the point that she is really my partner, not a mere girlfriend. Doing little things like this are what strengthen love and trust in any relationship.
On the condition of reciprocity
Sarah Ayanwale
If I were to allow him have access to mine, he should be ready to grant me access to his. He is the leader of the home and should, therefore, be able to set examples in everything. He should be a pace setter in the home by being the one to lay the foundation of trust and love between us. If he is faithful in his obligations, I would gladly be open to him in everything because women love men who are open to them.
It depends on her knowledge of financial principles
Ogunwale Olumuyiwa
If my wife is the type that has sound financial intelligence, she would be given access. There are two types of partners as it relates to finances: one knows how to only spend and devour a man’s resources, while the other knows how to build and create. If I have the latter, I would be happy and be confident of even keeping my card with her. But if my wife has a poor spending culture and buys anything on impulse, the only card she would even see around is probably the one where I have the least amount of money. I may be forced to operate multiple accounts.
He’s free to use it, but…
Ohiara Chidinma
I can share with him because I trust him. I believe in trust and love. So, even if he uses it without telling me, I believe it is for the good of the family so I won’t take it as an offence but I will ask him the purpose for using it. I know he has no other woman outside, and the money could be either for him or the family, and I have no issue with that. In fact, it is possible he withdraws some money and use it to buy clothes for me. However, if things change and he uses it for unjustifiable purpose, I will stop him from using the card and change my pin.
She is my wife, and has the right to know it
Adebowale Charles
I will gladly grant her the access because she is my wife. She has the right to know everything about me. Why would I be hiding anything from her? Even if she uses the privilege to withdraw from my account without permission, as far as she is spending the money on herself and the children, I have no problem with that. At least, I would be the one to enjoy her if she uses the money to look good and happy. I trust her and that is just it.
I see nothing wrong with it
Emmanuel Gloria
Yes. I will share my ATM pin with him because we are supposed to share topmost secrets with ourselves, and since ATM pin is not a secret, I will disclose it to him. If close friends could have access to it, why not my husband. It doesn’t matter whether I’m there or not, however, it becomes an issue if he uses it behind me without letting me know and without a good reason. The only thing that can make me change my pin and keep it away from him is if I find out that he’s draining my account while keeping his own money away from me, or if he’s saving his own money and spending mine, which is bad.
I would gladly grant her the access
Peter Ugwu
My final answer to that question is yes. We were married in the first place because I trusted her. Once that trust is not there again, that means there is something wrong with our love. Hiding my card pin from her shows I do not trust her again, which shows our love level is dwindling. As long as I trust her, I would not mind granting her the full access.
He is a man of God
Akinjiyan Melody
I don’t mind telling him because I have known him, I love him and I trust him. In fact, a relationship without trust is trouble-bound, so I believe he won’t betray my trust and I also know he is mature enough to keep it safe and confidential, and more importantly, he is a man of God. Even if he doesn’t tell me his own, I will still allow him access to mine. He’s free to use it even without my knowledge but it has to be unavoidable and for a good reason too. But, if I see funny and suspicious moves, or if I ask for his own pin and he doesn’t tell me, I will change my pin and deny him access.

Now to Dearest Omo Oodua reader,  Would you grant your spouse access to your ATM card pin?

No comments:

Post a Comment

ST

Please Like Us On facebook