Thursday, August 1, 2013

Dearest Ọmọ Oódua Readers: She Left Our Matrimonial Home For Another Man, Should I Take Her Back? -



I proposed to my wife in her final year in one of Nigeria Polytechnics. I gave her every assistance she needed till she completed her program. We eventually got married immediately she finished school and she went for National Youth Service while in my house in Lagos. We lived happily until she put to bed when her mum visited.

Meanwhile, since we got married things changed due to my low income. Immediately her mum left, my wife started behaving in a strange manner. She opened up to me one day that she’s quitting the marriage. Despite my family intervention, she was bent on leaving. This issue started since September 2012. To cut the long story short, a neighbour told me that my wife confided in her friend that her mum want her to marry the man that proposed to her before, she said the man lives in Port- Harcourt, that he’s not aware she’s married to me, let alone have a child.


Continue..


I confronted her about it but she kept mute. All along, she did things that ordinarily will make me beat her but I never did. She neither greets nor gives me food. All she was waiting for is what I would say or do to make her pack but I controlled myself. Until last month, she told another person that she’s going to leave me and that as soon as she gets to the village, she will pay my dowry into my bank account and my child will cease to answer my name.

The woman told her to stop all the nonsense and threatened to tell me everything, my wife agreed that the woman should let me know of her intention. When I find out, I sent her an SMS that I’m through with her. The next day she left me and travelled back to the village where she showed the text message to her family. I called her family to explain everything that had happened and they sent her back immediately. She is in my house now.

Should I still accept her as my wife or just allow her stay to take care of our baby?

1 comment:

ST

Please Like Us On facebook