Tuesday, September 3, 2013

17-Year-Old Warri Orphan bags ₦120m Shell University Scholarship



At nine years, Master Lucky Ayolu, from Ekeni in Southern Ijaw Local Government of Bayelsa State, lost his dad and mother. suddenly, life became cruel to him as he learnt to fend for himself. He notified our correspondent that he took to fishing to pay for his charges in primary and secondary schools, as his grandmother, who he resided with, did not have sufficient.
However, as somebody who is destined to succeed in life, Ayolu, now 17 years, has become a beneficiary of Shell Petroleum Development Company’s overseas scholarship.

Continue after the break.


The scholarship design, whose annual allowance is about ₦120m, and organised by Bassan West Cluster Development Board, saw Ayolu as one of the 14 beneficiaries.

Ayolu, who talked to hit Metro, said his life was a testimony that “absolute belief in God and hard work are very significant in life.”

He said, “Life has been mean to me. But today, I have every cause to glorify God for raising me up after my fantasy.

“At a issue, I lost wish completely and begun nursing the concept of taking my life. It was so bad that when I heard about this scholarship, I could not raise transport fare to the venue of the examination.”

Lucky Ayolu told Naija news.com.ng that one of his kin assisted him financially to get the scholarship pattern and furthermore provided him transport fare from Ekene to Yenagoa where the check took location.

“At the end of the check, I was successful. I am going to read Computer research at Wisconsin University, Ghana. The control and respect has been my lifelong ambition and I am appreciative that God has used my community and case to make the illusion a reality.”

He advised other youths in difficult position not to give up, saying that with hard work and believe in God, they would achieve their yearns.

He furthermore urged the authorities at all grades to look into the plight of the orphans in the homeland. - 

No comments:

Post a Comment

ST

Please Like Us On facebook