Monday, October 14, 2013

"Sexual Harassment Chased Me Out Of The Film Market" - Nigerian Artist Disclose



Gospel singer, Gloria Doyle, in the occasions, made more name due to her outrageous dress style than her music.

She talks about her failed marriage and her music career in a recently available interview;

You're now marketing a resort; perhaps you have left your music career?


No. I haven't left it. A pal of mine runs the hotel and I only help to market it. We want to create awareness.

Now that you will be into hospitality business, could is it not taking your time?


If I told you that it's not taking my time, I will be lying. It is taking my time but I am enjoying it.  I'll still return to the studios. My fans assert that they need something from me.



There was a period your outrageous dressing stood you out. Is that chapter closed?

I am almost a grandmother. I am now a minister who ministers in churches. I now tell people that I have already been there before. I am older now. Then, I think of my kids too. I must put them into account as well.

In the past, you didn't care at all, you didn't consider these stuffs you are mentioning now.

I no even ‘send anybody'even at the moment. It is just that I am older now.

How come you never acted?


Actually, I was auditioned last month. I was in the movie industry quite a long time ago. I did quite numerous movies before I left  due to sexual harassment. It was absolutely terrible. Some individuals felt I left because I couldn't act. But that has been a lie. I did some great movies. Producers would tell me they would desire to star me in a certain movie but I ought to arrived at a resort first. I felt they certainly were people I ordinarily wouldn't have anything related to them if not due to entertainment. They certainly were now calling the shots and because you were desperate becoming a star, you'd give in. But I couldn't do that. Once you learn your worth, you'd definitely scale through. However, I invested my time writing movies. I am not an eager person. I have the face. I could make my name. But I didn't get to this level out of desperation. My greatest concern now and which made me proud are my kids.

Do we see you getting married again, ever?


I am going to be a grandmother soon. Honestly, I was discussing this with somebody the other day. The person was telling me that I want to get married. My children informs me that I want to get married. Everybody is telling me that I want to get married. If you get me a husband, I can get married. I am not going husband-hunting. Some individuals carry it like a placard ‘I am trying to find husband'written on it. But that is not me. I am not desperate. I don't wish to accomplish things out of desperation. If husband can come, he'll come. For the present time, it's not my priority.

1 comment:

ST

Please Like Us On facebook